The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

Why is GGR not showing entry list before event?

Use this forum to discuss Autocross Events future, past, and present

Moderator: David Leong

Ken Jones

Why is GGR not showing entry list before event?

Post by Ken Jones » Sat May 19, 2018 3:38 pm

I gotta say - I'm not happy with the new habit of not showing the number of entries before the event is closed.

Is it a new marketing program?

Did somebody forget again?

That stinks.
#44, '73 911 E Targa - AX10

superhighperf

Re: Why is GGR not showing entry list before event?

Post by superhighperf » Sun May 20, 2018 10:48 pm

"I gotta say - I'm not happy with the new habit of not showing the number of entries before the event is closed."
i think the entry is limited to 94? i'm pretty sure it was in the announcement email and Ed has talked to us about it at the drivers meetings.

"Why is GGR not showing entry list before event?"
if you want to see the people attending log in to Motorsport, navigate to the event in your dashboard and click the "See who else is attending" or go to an event listing and click "View current entry list" on the right side of the page. you must be logged in to see the list.

ddunwood

Post by ddunwood » Sun May 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Registration is closed, and you can't see who or how many unless you are registered. Other clubs do make the entry list available for anyone to see. There's no reason GGR can't do this.

LPR is running at Marina the same day and because of the conflict with GGR, registration is expected to be lower than usual. Expect many more runs than you will get at a GGR event at Alameda. We typically get 10-13 runs, but we only have 23 signed up right now (yes, you can see that without registering) so, maybe 14-16 runs? Seat time is very important!

Ken Jones

Post by Ken Jones » Mon May 21, 2018 9:48 am

Thanks Derek.... it was mostly a vent. Even signed in, prior to commitment, I couldn't see who was attending. In the past, I'd monitor sign-ups prior to committing so I could gauge if it was getting close to cut-off.

Dave - I've looked closely at Marina this time. I love that place. So true about seat time - especially if one hasn't played in almost three years! So, you think it'll be like an event many years ago where we just got back into the que right after a run?

kj
#44, '73 911 E Targa - AX10

ddunwood

Post by ddunwood » Mon May 21, 2018 8:56 pm

That could very well happen again. 29 signed up now, but it's still early in the week.