The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

Bought a used 997 C4S - looking for history on the car

Use this forum to ask questions or discuss GGR issues not covered in the competition forums

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

spbxrcr

Bought a used 997 C4S - looking for history on the car

Post by spbxrcr » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:28 pm

I purchased a 2006 C4S this past May. I am now the third owner, and am wondering if anyone in the local PCA might know some history on the car since I think it is a little unique. I am the third owner, and was told the original owner did some track events, so some of you track guys might know something about who the original owner was. The car has an aftermarket suspension system, which I believe is the TechArt Varioplus system. I have recently experienced a broken sway bar tab from the right front strut, which is why I am trying now to see if anyone might know any history info for my car. I am trying to confirm exactly what I have so I can proceed with repairing it properly.

The car is Cobalt Blue, has the X51 Carrera Power option w/6 spd and the PCCB ceramic brakes with the 19" wheels. The car is equipped with PASM and Manual sport seats. I was told the original owner was from the east bay and the car had been serviced up to 18,000 miles at a Porsche dealer in Walnut Creek.

If anyone knows any history on this car, or think you might, please drop me a line. I LOVE the car, but I am having difficulty figuring out exactly what the suspension system is so I can get it properly repaired.

Dan Thompson

Re: Bought a used 997 C4S - looking for history on the car

Post by Dan Thompson » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:51 pm

a picture of the car or your name might help.....
Dan Thompson
GGR DE/TT/CR Racecontrol

spbxrcr

Re: Bought a used 997 C4S - looking for history on the car

Post by spbxrcr » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:00 pm

My name is Russ Parman. Picture of the car is attached. If anyone might be familiar with this car let me know, and thanks in advance.
Attachments
2006Carrera4S.jpg
2006 C4S
2006Carrera4S.jpg (58.34 KiB) Viewed 1563 times