The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

73 911.5T CIS Needs a Mechanic - South Bay

Use this forum to ask questions or discuss GGR issues not covered in the competition forums

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

skjerven-4198

73 911.5T CIS Needs a Mechanic - South Bay

Post by skjerven-4198 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi -

I have a 73 911.5T CIS that needs help. I was going to sell it until I did a little research on it and found some value in the 73 911.5T. Its been sitting for 5 years and was not "prepared" for the hibernation before I stopped driving her. I have 2 different mechanics I worked with in the past and I like them both but both always use the same line, "You want to do the job right don't you?" This always leads to me spending more than I have. So here is my problem. I want to put my car back on the road, I want to do it right, but at the moment I want to focus on only those items that I need. I will need mechanical as well as interior work. On the interior I already have an estimate for seat rebuilds, a new carpet kit install and a new headliner. This alone is $3K plus at a shop here in San Jose.

Without saying who my existing mechanics are, I would like recommendations on a shop in the South Bay. I've done some online research on Porsche shops and every one I have found has had some form of negative feedback for poor customer service, a "know it all attitude", or a performance only focused shop. Am I asking too much to find an honest shop that will listen and work with me?

Stuart

Dan Thompson

Re: 73 911.5T CIS Needs a Mechanic - South Bay

Post by Dan Thompson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Sportech in Campbell CA
Dan Thompson
GGR DE/TT/CR Racecontrol