The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

Purchasing a helmet (locally in SF Bay area)

Use this forum to ask questions or discuss GGR issues not covered in the competition forums

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

bluehorizon

Purchasing a helmet (locally in SF Bay area)

Post by bluehorizon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:27 am

Hi,

I've just signed up for my first AX session next weekend and, although I know helmets are available for loan, would actually like to pick up my own as I'm intending to start doing more regular weekend track / AX outings.

I know where to look online but I'm looking to find a local Bay area retailer of SA2010 helmets so I can try them on to find out which brand I prefer and what size fits best. However searching through Google and looking at the manufacturer websites for dealers isn't really helping me (Helmetcity for example no longer has a storefront and is online only).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Garry

Dan Thompson

Re: Purchasing a helmet (locally in SF Bay area)

Post by Dan Thompson » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 pm

IOPORT in the east bay
Dan Thompson
GGR DE/TT/CR Racecontrol

clemsonc

Re: Purchasing a helmet (locally in SF Bay area)

Post by clemsonc » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 am

bluehorizon wrote:Hi,

I've just signed up for my first AX session next weekend and, although I know helmets are available for loan, would actually like to pick up my own as I'm intending to start doing more regular weekend track / AX outings.

I know where to look online but I'm looking to find a local Bay area retailer of SA2010 helmets so I can try them on to find out which brand I prefer and what size fits best. However searching through Google and looking at the manufacturer websites for dealers isn't really helping me (Helmetcity for example no longer has a storefront and is online only).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Garry

Garry,

I have a few helmets over the past decade. I used Helmetcity one time. They are okay, if you know size and brand you want.
And the last one I bought was from Wine Country Motorsports http://www.winecountrymotorsports.com/ (7 days a week)
They are located at the Sears Point (Sonoma Raceway). Tony at Wine Country can help you to find a good fit.
Do mention "Porsche Club Golden Gate Region", see if he can give you any discount. And please encourage them to be a GGR region sponsor as well.

I really like my HJC helmet, the lining can be removed and machine wash.

--Clemson
A club racer

97 Spec Boxster #61 (SPB/BSR)
99 Street Boxster #65A (GONE)
74 914 2.0L (SOLD)
78 930 3.3L (SOLD)