The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

San Mateo Mechanic

Use this forum to ask questions or discuss GGR issues not covered in the competition forums

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

bkeighran

San Mateo Mechanic

Post by bkeighran » Mon May 19, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi Folks,

I have been trying to find a good mechanic to take my 1982 911 SC to. I was taking it to S-Cargo Racing up in San Rafel and although I think Rob is a nice guy, the last few times I have taken the car there, they have done silly things. IE, put my Aluminum pedals on backwards. ????!??!? Regardless of the funny stuff that seems to happen when I take it to S-Cargo, I work in San Mateo... so something a lot closer would be great.

Any suggestions?

Ben.

PAUL LARSON

Re: San Mateo Mechanic

Post by PAUL LARSON » Fri May 30, 2008 11:27 am

Hi,
I have had good experience from German Automotive in Belmont/San Carlos. It
is on Old County and Harbor.
Good Luck.
Paul

PorscheG96

Post by PorscheG96 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:43 am

Give Chris a call at European Motors. He's been doing the work on my 968 for the past several months and he's good. European Motors is located on 1st Avenue [not far from downtown], next door to Auto Europa paint shop by the train tracks.
Trevor Ridgley
1994 Porsche 968 black/black

kermit

Post by kermit » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:51 pm

Have you checked out GD Racing in San Bruno? Gary runs a one man shop, so you know HE does all the work. He only works on air-cooled Porsches and really knows them well. His shop is also a 5 minute walk to the San Bruno BART station. He's worked on my Porsches for years and have always been satisfied.
Howard Yao
1984 944
Car Number: 25
Class: AX15

dtfastbear

Post by dtfastbear » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:10 am

I've had very good experiences with Carrera Motors on Claremont in San Mateo. Adam and Bogey are honest, fair and very talented at working on Porsches.

Good luck.

Dean
Faster than the average bear...