The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

1975 Targa top seal and hard top?

Use this forum to ask questions or discuss GGR issues not covered in the competition forums

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

mattrf

1975 Targa top seal and hard top?

Post by mattrf » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:47 am

I remember reading in one of the Panorama magazines about a guy that if you want the exact right seal to contact, does anyone know who this is before I go digging through a big stack of magazines to try and find the article?
Also I came across this ad on Craigslist about a fiberglass hard top for Targa’s, (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/1796632007.html) the guy wants $500 for the tops and says he has a patent on it. Has anyone ever gotten one of these and is it worth the money? I am thinking about it because I think it would make the car a lot quieter on the freeway and a bit more enjoyable on long trips with the top on. I asked the guy if he could give me a contact to talk to and possibly go see one of these on a car in my area and he could not come up with anyone so I am a bit hesitant about this, I am not going to buy one before I see one, he did say 100% guarantee and if I did not like it just pay to ship it back. I am still bouncing emails with the guy trying to get more info out of him but it is looking a little sketchy so far and I do not want to lose $500 and feel like a chump. :lol:

Thanks.
Matt
mattrf@yahoo.com