The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

Porsche Corral at Laguna Seca Historic Races?

Use this forum to ask questions or discuss GGR issues not covered in the competition forums

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

iparrott

Porsche Corral at Laguna Seca Historic Races?

Post by iparrott » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Will there be a Porsche Corral at the historic races at Laguna Seca August 13 - 15 ?

Thanks,
Ian.

Mark Powell

Re: Porsche Corral at Laguna Seca Historic Races?

Post by Mark Powell » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi Ian,

There will be a PCA Corral at the Motorsports Reunion, but unfortunately registration closed on Aug. 6. The corral is being organized by Ginger Mutoza of the Monterey Bay Region - PCA and registrations were handled by MotorsportReg.com. I doubt any late registrations are being accepted, but you might want to contact Ginger to find out for sure?? Ginger's e-mail is mbrpcaregistrar@yahoo.com

Mark

iparrott

Post by iparrott » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Mark,

Thanks for the info. I'm new to the PCA so didn't think to look outside the GG Region.

If I just go down to the event this weekend, is it possible to park in the Porsche area even if I don't use the hospitality (and register). Would rather park my Porsche with the Porsches rather than in the general parking area :-)

If so, is best entrance of hwy 68 ?

Thanks,
Ian.

Mark Powell

Post by Mark Powell » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi Ian,

I use the Highway 68 entrance, since it is the most convenient. The PCA Corral is, typically, located in the infield area, but you won't be able to park in the corral without a corral pass. In fact, the guards at Laguna Seca that direct traffic won't even let you into the infield area without a green corral pass or a VIP parking pass hanging from your mirror. VIP parking could be an option. VIP parking costs about $25 and is, generally, located adjacent to the Porsche Corral.

Mark