The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

Hello webmaster

This is pretty open, and for off topic issues. If another forum strays too far off the path, it will be moved here

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

Don Melcher

Hello webmaster

Post by Don Melcher » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:23 pm

So I am on the new BBS trying to figure out how to post a wanted ad. I give up and click contact and then the webmaster to send an email on how to post- it bounces

"----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <webmaster@pca-ggr.org>
(reason: 550 <webmaster@pca-ggr.org>: invalid address)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to mx01.1and1.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 <webmaster@pca-ggr.org>: invalid address 550 5.1.1 <webmaster@pca-ggr.org>... User unknown <<< 554 no valid recipients"

Anybody home???

All want to do is find some crummy rims hopefully with tires to use while the car is being painted.
Don Melcher
69 912 Tangerine Coupe #902
69 912 White Targa

It's not a car, it's an obsession! ;)

David Leong

Re: Hello webmaster

Post by David Leong » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:05 pm

This BBS is for the competition director host discussions only. We do not have classifieds on this BBS.

I recommend posting your classified on the main GGR web site: http://www.pca-ggr.org/node/28

The main web site is undergoing some renovation right now, so you may have to wait for the construction dust to settle before posting your ad.
David Leong

Don Melcher

Post by Don Melcher » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:24 pm

David Leong wrote:This BBS is for the competition director host discussions only. We do not have classifieds on this BBS.

I recommend posting your classified on the main GGR web site: http://www.pca-ggr.org/node/28

The main web site is undergoing some renovation right now, so you may have to wait for the construction dust to settle before posting your ad.
Well - yes -David - I realize there is no ads on the BBS.

Since there was NO WAY to contact the region website webmaster (the email bounced) and I could not figure out how to post an ad there coupled with I beleive I saw announcments about the enhanced website were made on this BBS and it DOES say "PCA GGR Online Community" at the top of the page and I DID use the OT forum - I though perhaps it really wasn't out of line do do what I did - but I guess I was wrong. Sorry for my transgression.

Apparently there is a lot of dust left to settle - meanwhile - I have obtained what I needed.
Don Melcher
69 912 Tangerine Coupe #902
69 912 White Targa

It's not a car, it's an obsession! ;)

David Leong

Post by David Leong » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 pm

I understand.

The GGR webmaster contact e-mail may still need to be fixed. Glad you found a solution, and I am sure the webmaster is working very hard to fix the loose ends wiht this major undertaking.
David Leong

PAUL LARSON

Post by PAUL LARSON » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:35 pm

Hi,
I fixed the e-mail address a couple of days ago. Send you request to the address below.

webmaster@pca-ggr.org

This has been a big task and I hope you send you request in.

Paul