Laguna DE 6/22?

Use this forum to discuss time Trial events future, past, and present

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest, Paulette Johnson

OmniGLH

Laguna DE 6/22?

Post by OmniGLH » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:22 am

Hi all! Greetings and happy holidays from Chicago. :)

Thanks for approving my membership to your forum. I'll be one of the few from the Chicago Region traveling to the Cali coast in June for Parade... and rumor has it there might be a DE hosted by GGR at a certain Laguna Seca?

I dug around a bit, I didn't find much. Looks like you guys use MotorsportsReg.com (I created an account) but didn't see anything listed on the calendar. Are you guys indeed hosting a DE on this date? If so - anybody got any info on format, etc? Will instructors be available? (I'm an instructor with Chicago Region but my wife will want to participate too, and while she's been solo'd at Road America, she'll still probably want/need an instructor.) Is there any email list or something I can get in on so I can be alerted when reg opens?

It's a bucket list track, I don't want to miss out!

-Jim
Jim P.
944 Turbo (with a little of this, a little of that...)
Chicago Region PCA
Autocross/Social Media/Website Coordinator
DE Instructor

Carlos

Re: Laguna DE 6/22?

Post by Carlos » Mon May 05, 2014 10:40 pm

Jim, just saw a note (and was on Motorsport.reg earlier today) that registration will open on the 12th. Believe this is historically a pretty high-demand event so not sure how non GGR registrations will be handled. Hopefully you & wife can get in. Was there yesterday for Tudor Championships and GT3 Cup. It is without question a very unique track; probably nothing like the corkscrew anywhere.