The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

Rule about race gas

Use this forum to ask questions, clarifications, and issues about current rules

Moderator: David Leong

randal

Rule about race gas

Post by randal » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:54 pm

Need some help on the fuel rule.

What the rule says is that any gasoline may be used with up to a 10% non-O2 additive. In other words the way the rule is outlined it seems to exclude o2 as an additive.

If I use premium unleaded pumped gas, which can include additives like ethanol, which have o2 in them, am I going astray of the rules?

In the end analysis the question is: can I use premium unleaded pump gas or premium unleaded race gas and be OK within the rule?

thanks,

Randal
Randal
914-2.4

Bill Dally

Unleaded Race Gas Should be OK

Post by Bill Dally » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:42 pm

Section 4.0, section "I". Any gasoline fuel is permitted. However, please also review car classification Compression Ratio - more than 1.0 ratio point requires adding 30 points for both TT and AX.

Randal, as I read the rules unleaded pump gas or race gas should be OK. Just make sure you add the points for compression ratio - if you've bumped it more than 1 point over stock (which I think is 7.5:1 for a 914-4).

I checked with Neil and he concurs with this interpretation.

randal

Post by randal » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:55 pm

Thanks for the clarification Bill.

BTW I've previously declared a higher than stock compression ratio and the system applied 30 points for this modification.

Stock compression was 7.5/1: Mine is a bit higher than that. :)
Randal
914-2.4