The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

68 912 engine swap questions regarding points

Use this forum to ask questions, clarifications, and issues about current rules

Moderator: David Leong

ronw

68 912 engine swap questions regarding points

Post by ronw » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:27 pm

ive pulled the 68 616 which i ran 2 years ago in ax16 and have since done a lot of mods to suspension. i have since built up a type 4 from a 912E. the points regarding the suspension are straight forward. here is were i have a few questions about where i start, do i start as a 76 912 and classify from there or as a 68 and classify from there. secondly, from reading the this passage:

Engine Swaps [ more... ]
39. a) Engine is stock [ more... ] 0 0
b) Engine has same number of cylinders and comes from model in same series. [ more... ] 0 0
c) Engine has same number of cylinders but does not come from model in same series. [ more... ] 0 0
d) Engine has different # of cylinders - this # of cylinders was available in the model series. [ more... ] 0 0
e) Engine has different number of cylinders [ more... ]

i have no points accumulated due to the motor swap. of course ive got a different fuel injection/cr/ported heads etc but that is under a different section. advice/ruling requested. i spoke to another 912er doing a similar swap and he ended up in a different class so i want to make sure its clear.

David Leong

Re: 68 912 engine swap questions regarding points

Post by David Leong » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:53 am

Of course the final decision comes from the Comp director, and is not mine, but I can tell you what the designers of the system were thinking when we wrote this up.

You would start as a 1968 912.

You fall under category c in the engine swap list
David Leong

Dan Thompson

Re: 68 912 engine swap questions regarding points

Post by Dan Thompson » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 am

agree with David on section C being your starting point, then you would have points for induction, and CC increase.
But hopefully Wayne (the 2009-2010) Comp. Dir. will check in to give you the official word. :D
Dan Thompson
GGR DE/TT/CR Racecontrol