The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

Proposed new/updated DE/TT rules for 2011

Use this forum to discuss rule proposals, other than the points proposal, which has its's own forum

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

Claude Leglise

Proposed new/updated DE/TT rules for 2011

Post by Claude Leglise » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:43 pm

This forum topic is to post proposed changes, additions, modifications, etc to our Drivers Education and Time Trial rules for 2001.

Claude

jrdavid68

Re: Proposed new/updated DE/TT rules for 2011

Post by jrdavid68 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Rationale: The variety of participants is much greater leading to more demand for assigned car numbers so we propose this rule to simplify the administration of them and better meet our members' requests..

Proposed
2.6T Driver's Education/Time Trial

[Revised]
d. Car numbers are assigned by the Registrar and will remain assigned to active participants of the Driver's Education / Time Trial Series. Car number requests will be considered subsequent to an initial event registration. Car numbers assigned to drivers who have not participated in the Driver’s Education / Time Trial series for one series year may be recycled and reassigned. Drivers sharing a car may use the same car number but with a suffix (e.g. “A” , “L”, “X” etc.) attached to the number in order to distinguish the drivers. Additionally, for a participant requesting a number that has already been assigned, the participant may also choose to use that number with a suffix (e.g. “A”, “L”, “X” etc.). Temporary number assignments for a given event may be accommodated at the discretion of the Registrar.

[Delete in entirety]
e. Car numbers will remain as designated for a period of one series year. Nonparticipating drivers may reserve their number for $25.00 per year for a maximum of two consecutive years.

Ross & Paulette Johnson
Ross Johnson
'86 Iris Blue 911

johntavernetti

Post by johntavernetti » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:59 pm

I believe this change (or words to the same effect) did in fact pass at the DEC meeting last year and simply never made it into the 2010 rule book (my mistake). This should be an easy fix.

jrdavid68

Post by jrdavid68 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks John! I did make some what I consider non-substantial modifications from what I sent last year.
Ross Johnson
'86 Iris Blue 911

Claude Leglise

Post by Claude Leglise » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am

I propose that we amend Rule 2.3D c. that reads : "Drivers must wear long sleeve shirts and long pants; all clothing to be of natural fibers." by adding the following text: "Event chairs may allow wearing shorts and T-shirts in hot weather."

Paulette Johnson

Post by Paulette Johnson » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Especially if they have great legs!
Paulette Johnson
GGR TT/DE Registrar
GGRRegistrar@gmail.com

Dan Thompson

Post by Dan Thompson » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:06 am

Wow, I would have never guessed that Claude would make that proposal :wink: :D
Dan Thompson
GGR DE/TT/CR Racecontrol

John Seidell

Post by John Seidell » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 am

Since we want to encourage members to TT/DE AND to Club Race.....

I propose that as a start, we use the PCA Club Racing National rules to class the super classes which are GTA, GTB,GT-1 thru GT-6 and GTP-1 thru GTP-6 at the GGR TT events. These are based on engine size, weight, etc. and have passed the test of time..............

It might encourage the racers to run for timed runs on non Club Race weekends and it might encourage some members to get their cars ready for Club Racing.

John