Why do we have Showroom stock classes?

Use this forum to discuss rule proposals, other than the points proposal, which has its's own forum

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

demick

Post by demick » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:54 am

Every car currently classified in a Showroom stock class could just as easily be classified into one of the AX numbered classes. So why do we have these showroom stock classes at all? One of the reasons for going to a points based class system a few years back was to reduce the number of classes, thereby increasing the number of competetors per class, making the competition within classes more interesting. Showroom stock classes seem do just the opposite - and for no real benefit that I can see.

So I thought I'd ask this question before proposing a rule change to eliminate them, because maybe there really is a good reason to have them. I just haven't figured it out yet.

Demick

Dan Thompson

Re: Why do we have Showroom stock classes?

Post by Dan Thompson » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:22 pm

Because PCA Parade has them :wink:
Dan Thompson
GGR DE/TT/CR Racecontrol

demick

Post by demick » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Is that it? And is that a good reason? Not sure why there would be any useful reason to correlate classes with parade.

Dan Thompson

Post by Dan Thompson » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:06 pm

I agree with you Demick....we already have enough classes.
But there were some that wanted them. When I was Comp Dir, I held back on instituting them...
If folks wanted to run SS then do it at Parade, and run in our classes the rest of the time...that is what the rest of the AXers do....they run our classes during the year and then class themselves for Parade classes...

What ever. If they want the classes that way, then I guess that is OK too. :?
Dan Thompson
GGR DE/TT/CR Racecontrol