The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

Rules proposals for 2013 season...

Use this forum to discuss rule proposals, other than the points proposal, which has its's own forum

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

Ken Jones

Rules proposals for 2013 season...

Post by Ken Jones » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Is this the place to start? Who are the people who need to see rules change suggestions and by what dates? I'm not aware of any solicitations from the rules committee yet - or does it work that way?

thanks,

kj
#44, '73 911 E Targa - AX10

Dan Thompson

Re: Rules proposals for 2013 season...

Post by Dan Thompson » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:49 pm

The best response to your question that I have found is, that they really don't want changes or enhancements currently..
I guess they are either afraid of change, or don't understand the current rules and PAX enough to know whether the suggested changes are relavant or not.
I had submitted a couple of changes to the current Comp Director and they were met with less than what I felt were proper responses from the CD and a couple of other folks....so I am done at this point.

Ken, you could submit rules proposals directly to BillB (current CD) or to JohnC
Or just do an email to the entire board...that way you might get some one to respond or acknowledge receipt of your email.
Dan Thompson
GGR DE/TT/CR Racecontrol

jrdavid68

Post by jrdavid68 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:07 am

I was just thinking about a slight tweak to the car number rule again and found this post (to my knowledge, no one has ever paid to reserve a car number).

Here is what I found in the rule book:
http://www.pca-ggr.org/files/pdf/GGR%20 ... 0Rules.pdf

1.0 INTRODUCTION
e. The Drivers' Events Committee is responsible for publishing these rules and is responsible for rules changes as
described in Section 5.0. The Drivers' Events Committee consists of the Competition Director (as chairperson), the
Zone Seven Representative (for Section 4.0 rule changes only), the Autocross Chairperson, the Driver's Ed/Time Trial
Chairperson, a member chosen yearly by a vote of the autocross participants, and a member of chosen yearly by a
vote of the Time Trial participants.

For typos and other non-substantive changes that need to be made between yearly updates, the following would apply:

5.2 CORRECTIONS TO CURRENT YEAR RULEBOOK
(a) If circumstances create a situation where a rule clarification or correction is found to be necessary to be
implemented before the next yearly update, the Competition Director may issue a Tech Bulletin stating the correction
and its effective date. These Tech Bulletins shall be published in the Nugget and on the GGR Website. 

From the GGR Official Website, here are the contacts that Dan suggested:
John C: ggrpresident@gmail.com
Bill B: wmhbenz42@sbcglobal.net
GGR Board: ggr-board@pca-ggr.org
Ross Johnson
'86 Iris Blue 911

Ken Jones

Post by Ken Jones » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:37 pm

Thanks Dan & Ross...
#44, '73 911 E Targa - AX10