DEC Vote?

Use this forum to discuss the Points Proposal

Moderator: David Leong

Ken Mack

DEC Vote?

Post by Ken Mack » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:04 pm

Does any one know what the final outcome of the point proposal was? If so, what was the final vote?
PCA member since 1970 (SPAF) Silver Porsches are FASTEST

David Leong

Post by David Leong » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:07 pm

No vote has taken place yet. We are still discussiing things amongst the committee, so it is not scheduled.
David Leong

Dan Thompson

Apology

Post by Dan Thompson » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:17 pm

I want to take this opportunity to apologize to the Adhoc comm. members, in particular Dean Thomas. Dean has been one of the only members of the Adhoc comm. that has taken the time to respond to any of our questions, opinions or barbs.
I have been stating my personal opinions and observations over these last couple of years and many of them have been interpreted in ways they were not necessarily intended.
We obviously have a great difference of opinion on this subject and from time to time probably take it all too seriously.
I just don't believe the points system is in a state where it can take over from what we already have.
Unfortunately there are many other folks out there that feel the same way but are unwilling to make their feelings public.
In all actuality the points system will probably be more favorable for my new car in AX but not for TT, as opposed to our current system.
I have stated in the past that the points system will probably work in it's present form fairly well for AX but not for TT.

This will in no way put a bandaide on the feelings that have come out from both sides. Being passionate about a certain subject is often a curse...at least it has been for me.
Again my apologies to all involved.
Dan Thompson
GGR DE/TT/CR Racecontrol