Out of a coma...

Use this forum to discuss car maintenance, building track cars, and modifications

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

VonniVoo

Out of a coma...

Post by VonniVoo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi Everyone and thank you for reading my "first" post since becoming a member last month! :P

I have a 1998 Boxster that, after a lot of drama that I'll spare you, sat "broken" for three years in storage.

After getting out of its coma and back to life thanks to my local Porsche dealer, it runs WONDERFULLY...you'd never think it was in storage for all that time.

Now for my post question...

...since I have another car (and the Boxie is my second ride), should I drive it every day when I get home so the oil, gas, etc. doesn't get stale? I realize this is a silly question to ask, but I only drive it once a week, if not every two. Will that cause the fluids to get sludgy? Then, when I DO drive the car and take it on a long drive or high speed, after sitting for any amount of time, does that damage the engine due to not running the car? :oops:

Your advice is appreciated...after the $$$ invested to get Boxie operating again, I don't want to ruin it.
Thanks,
Vonni

Argote

Re: Out of a coma...

Post by Argote » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:35 am

You don't have to use it every day, you can use it a couple times a month and it should be fine. I assume they did a full fluid drain-and-fill. So just keep up with maintenance now to keep the car in top shape.

Your's is generally from before the IMS problems, but I'd find a nice back road to rev it up in. Second gear is your friend in a Boxster :)

VonniVoo

Re: Out of a coma...

Post by VonniVoo » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:22 am

Wonderful advice THANK YOU!! 8)
Thanks,
Vonni