The GGR forum has reached it's end, but posts are still available read-only for posterity. We invite you to make posts and discussions on the GGR Facebook page.

Places to bring my 2006 Boxster S for 20k Service?

Use this forum to discuss car maintenance, building track cars, and modifications

Moderators: David Leong, Andrew Forrest

george n

Places to bring my 2006 Boxster S for 20k Service?

Post by george n » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Hello all - just joined the Porsche family by buying a 2006 Boxster S last week!

Was wondering if anyone has recommendations on where to bring it in for a 20k mile service? Rector, Carlsen, or non of these dealers? It's still under warranty, so I figured I'd bring it to a dealer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Claude Leglise

Re: Places to bring my 2006 Boxster S for 20k Service?

Post by Claude Leglise » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:49 pm

I am very happy with Carlsen. First it was with a 1999 996 Carrera 4, now with a 2007 GT3.

If you go there, talk to Beto Bravo and tell him I sent you.

Claude (Past GGR President)

Mahler9th

Post by Mahler9th » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:48 pm

There are some great service providers at Carlsen. I have not used them recently, but I know some of the techs.

Of course, Rector has Peter Smith. Peter races with us in the PRC and is a member of the PCA technical group. His responsibilities as a member of that group included the Boxster cars for many years. As part of the group, he has access to a wealth of knowledge and experience, plus of course he has the highest amount of Porsche factory training.

If I had a newer Porsche that required dealer service, my first choice by far would be Peter at rector

PAUL LARSON

Post by PAUL LARSON » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi,
If it's a oil change or air cleaner replacing, I would go to "German Auto Kraft". If it is warranty check, then by all means take it to the dealer of your choice. I really like Carlson Porsche!
Paul

flintworks

Post by flintworks » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:04 pm

I know of a certain shop in Campbell, CA that can do the 20k for $175 and reset the service indicator. Feel free to email me aldenflint@yahoo.com
The ONLY Porsche Factory Certified Independent Shop in the Bay Area.
1360 White Oaks Rd. #C